- Lower School
- Lower School Curriculum Autumn 2017
- Lower School Curriculum Spring 2018
- Upper School
- Upper School Subjects
- Upper School Curriculum Autumn 2017
- Upper School Curriculum Spring 2018
- Post 16
- Post 16 Curriculum Autumn 2017
- Post 16 Curriculum Spring 2018
- Student Life
- Data & Results
- Our Values
Towards Independence : Our students embrace a positive school environment to become self-confident, independent learners for life. Each will fulfill their personal potential to gain the qualifications and skills they need to be socially and economically independent in their local community.
Our approach is to offer a mainstream curriculum in a special needs setting to allow our students to achieve to the best of their abilities. We hold the following core values in our approach to learning:
- We are a small supportive school where students learn within peer group challenge and embedded therapeutic input.
- We offer a core curriculum in entry, foundation, GCSE and BTEC qualifications with a personalised approach to development.
- We offer an outward looking skills programme throughout the school which empowers students and their families on their pathway to adulthood.
"Teachers have high expectations of what pupils can achieve. They provide pupils with challenging and interesting tasks. As a result, pupils across the school achieve well." Ofsted 2016
We pride ourselves in offering a unique environment for learning in our local community. Key to our ethos is:
- Parental engagement
- Student empowerment
- High standards in all we do
- Behavioural leadership
- Secure learning for life
- Excellent facilities
- Outward looking focus
The school is a hub for student aspirations, parental exchange, professional discussion, social enterprise and stakeholder engagement.
Advice & Guidance
All young people aged 13 and over within our setting are supported to access independent advice and guidance about tertiary education, vocational pathways and apprenticeship routes.
The advice comes in the form of Guest Speakers from a range of sectors, businesses from our portfolio, undergraduate programs and college representatives typically through the annual review process.
We have seen that these opportunities open the minds of our young people and allow them to reflect on their future steps beyond our setting.